Things You Need To Know About Gastric Bypass Surgery
Today, we have so many weight loss procedures and programs unlike before. When it comes to sleeve gastrectomy surgery, it is indeed an expensive surgery. But we have to agree to the fact that it is one of the most reliable and safe weight loss procedures out there. It is one of the newest procedures. And it can be performed only when you have a body mass index above 50. If you have health complications like anemia, then this is the right procedure you can think of. Gastric bypass surgery is able to reduce the amount of food that can be eaten. Gastric bypass surgery is getting more popular these days.
Learning more about gastric bypass surgery
- It is documented that you will be able to lose up to 35% of your initial body weight with gastric bypass surgery.
- Gastric bypass surgery is usually performed under an anesthetic. It’s also done under laparoscopy.
- The surgeon will make 4-5 tiny lacerations in your abdomen.
- Several instruments and the camera then inserted into your body.
- This camera will be used to take the pictures of the inner parts of your body.
- These images will help the surgeons to establish the areas where they can do the stapling.
- After the surgery is done, you will be allowed only to drink water for the first 24 hours. Doctors insist on this to ensure that you don’t experience any digestion complications.
- Once the 24 hour period is passed, you will be on a liquid diet for the next couple of days.
- After this, you will be allowed to take semi-solid foods until you can go back to your normal diet.
- The biggest issue with a surgery like this is that you cannot reverse it.
This procedure is getting popular
As you can imagine, this procedure is getting really popular in Singapore as we speak. Many people prefer this procedure in Singapore considering the fact that top medical professionals are assisting this procedure in major hospitals.