Well, let’s try to demystify gastroscopy. We should see how we can prepare for gastroscopy. Gastroscopy Singapore is also referred to as Upper GI endoscopy. In the case of upper abdominal distension, heartburn, upper abdominal pain, etc. this procedure will be helpful. It is also being used to investigate problems like belching, vomiting, problems with swallowing, suspected bleeding in the upper gut etc.
Let’s demystify gastroscopy in Singapore
- As a preparation for gastroscopy, you are supposed to fast 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- In case there are allergies or medications you take, you have to discuss it with your doctor before the procedure gets started.
- You will have to share details about your past and present medical illness with your doctor.
- Certain medical conditions and medicines can make this procedure more difficult. It can be even dangerous in that case. Therefore, it is really important to share the details with your doctor before the procedure.
- Problems related to anesthesia and past operations also need to be shared with your doctor. The procedure will be smoother if you share all these important details with your doctor.
- You will be asked to wear a gown on the day of your procedure.
- You will be placed on an operation table which can be lowered or elevated.
- The attendants will help you in lying on your left side.
- During the procedure, they will put up a needle in your arm for intravenous access. Sedative drugs will be given this way to make sure that the procedure is easily tolerable for you.
- The good thing about these drugs is that they will make you forget about the procedure as well.
It’s not a complicated procedure
It’s not a complicated procedure as such and you will find many good doctors who are capable of performing it in Singapore. The best thing about Singapore is that quality healthcare is always available.