Today, we have so many weight loss procedures and programs unlike before. When it comes to sleeve gastrectomy surgery, it is indeed an expensive surgery. But we have to agree to the fact that it is one of the most reliable and safe weight loss procedures out there. It is one of the newest procedures. And it can be performed only when you have a body mass index above 50. If you have health complications like anemia, then this is the right procedure you can think of. Gastric bypass surgery is able to reduce the amount of food that can be eaten. Gastric bypass surgery is getting more popular these days.
Learning more about gastric bypass surgery
- It is documented that you will be able to lose up to 35% of your initial body weight with gastric bypass surgery.
- Gastric bypass surgery is usually performed under an anesthetic. It’s also done under laparoscopy.
- The surgeon will make 4-5 tiny lacerations in your abdomen.
- Several instruments and the camera then inserted into your body.
- This camera will be used to take the pictures of the inner parts of your body.
- These images will help the surgeons to establish the areas where they can do the stapling.
- After the surgery is done, you will be allowed only to drink water for the first 24 hours. Doctors insist on this to ensure that you don’t experience any digestion complications.
- Once the 24 hour period is passed, you will be on a liquid diet for the next couple of days.
- After this, you will be allowed to take semi-solid foods until you can go back to your normal diet.
- The biggest issue with a surgery like this is that you cannot reverse it.
This procedure is getting popular
As you can imagine, this procedure is getting really popular in Singapore as we speak. Many people prefer this procedure in Singapore considering the fact that top medical professionals are assisting this procedure in major hospitals.
Well, let’s try to demystify gastroscopy. We should see how we can prepare for gastroscopy. Gastroscopy Singapore is also referred to as Upper GI endoscopy. In the case of upper abdominal distension, heartburn, upper abdominal pain, etc. this procedure will be helpful. It is also being used to investigate problems like belching, vomiting, problems with swallowing, suspected bleeding in the upper gut etc.
Let’s demystify gastroscopy in Singapore
- As a preparation for gastroscopy, you are supposed to fast 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- In case there are allergies or medications you take, you have to discuss it with your doctor before the procedure gets started.
- You will have to share details about your past and present medical illness with your doctor.
- Certain medical conditions and medicines can make this procedure more difficult. It can be even dangerous in that case. Therefore, it is really important to share the details with your doctor before the procedure.
- Problems related to anesthesia and past operations also need to be shared with your doctor. The procedure will be smoother if you share all these important details with your doctor.
- You will be asked to wear a gown on the day of your procedure.
- You will be placed on an operation table which can be lowered or elevated.
- The attendants will help you in lying on your left side.
- During the procedure, they will put up a needle in your arm for intravenous access. Sedative drugs will be given this way to make sure that the procedure is easily tolerable for you.
- The good thing about these drugs is that they will make you forget about the procedure as well.
It’s not a complicated procedure
It’s not a complicated procedure as such and you will find many good doctors who are capable of performing it in Singapore. The best thing about Singapore is that quality healthcare is always available.
Singapore is a busy place; busy is even an understatement to these people because Singaporeans are not the “chill” bunch.
The working bunch
They are not the type that drinks even in their mid-shift, they pretty much work the whole day and less unproductive time. They are hardworking and always on the move that is why the transport system and the process here are fast and efficient, if you want to come here to Singapore you need to bring you “A” game because the environment here; you need to be fast and efficient, because if you are not you will be eaten alive by the city.
The good thing about this place is how people work, this place doesn’t even need automated process because the people here are relentless in doing things and efficient even with manual process. What more if a company services and process are fully automated, it will become more efficient and fast. The work ethics and work being done here is world class service. While this is the good thing that helps Singapore’s economy it’s also a bad thing in a sense that people worked too much. If you work too much your pockets and work may have a good input but the toll that it does to your body is damaging. You can get sick, you can be unhealthy, you can be prone to diseases and if you don’t have a good plan and action to manage this it will only be a matter of time before it will radiate to your performance in the office.
The whole point is that no one wants to get sick, no one wants to be unproductive because it’s not just expensive but also because it can get any job bad and pile up. Management from these things are a lot of things to choose from and even if no one will tell you to manage your stress you need to because if you get sick you can’t blame anyone for not telling you.
Going to a spa
Good thing that there are a lot of unisex spa in Singapore that is easy, no need for diet and exercise an what you just need to do is go to a spa and that’s it and if you do make sure you visit V Wellness Spa, because this spa has a great service to offer you.
Jurong is a busy place; people that lived here knows that living in Jurong means you are in s strategic location wise because it’s near to any offices.
The perfect place
In general the people in Singapore are a hard working bunch, they work 5 days a week and all they have after work is home or a short trip to any store and grab a beer. Singapore is populated mostly with corporate professionals and everyone is always affiliated and works in a corporate brand/ company. Working in a corporate environment is stressful, it’s always fast phased, everyone is always competing with someone and it’s like a boiler room. People get pressured everyday whether it’s a report, a sale, a payment, a delivery and many more. It’s a stressful environment and the men and women that work in these types of environment dedicate themselves to these kinds of lifestyle.
This stressful lifestyle is something that can make people push themselves to be greater and also would make them unhealthier because they focus most on their time at work and lesser time for other things. But this shouldn’t be the case, the work doesn’t need to own you, you need to own your work. You don’t get younger and if you don’t manage your stress in a healthy way then it won’t be long before that will slowly get to you. Stress is a very dangerous enemy that corporate people battle every day and if you don’t have a good stress management for it it’s bound to eat you alive.
How about after work; instead of buying comfort food and a case of beer, since you’re in Jurong why not got to a Jurong spa, it’s there, it’s more effective than your beer, it’s the healthier option, it grantees to help you relax those tense muscles and relieve the pain that you are feeling and it’s a good stress management.
A good place to visit in Jurong
When it comes to getting and finding a good spa in Jurong visit V Wellness Spa. V Wellness Spa has a wide variety of services that you can choose from depending on the things that you will need to for your massage, they have highly competent and highly skilled massage therapist ready to help you, so what are you waiting for? Book now!
Today it has been proven that there are various types of back pain treatment available for everyone. They may range from self-medication to those prescribed by doctors. For self-treatment, there are many that you can choose from. These are categorized broadly into two chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy. Back pain may simply start as a mild pain in one’s back but there are times when they stay longer and often this happens in severe cases. For you to ensure of better back pain treatments, you have to understand well the causes and the problems of this pain.
What Usually Happens When Back Pain Strikes
During the onset of back pain, we often choose the right treatment to cure the pain. There are those who choose the immediate solution for it. And because this is the usual case and because the mind may wander regarding the next move, it’s likely that we find ourselves looking for the next option to help take away the pain rapidly. There are many who go to the physicians right away just to relieve themselves of the pain. There are even those who visit the chiropractor to enable spine manipulation which is one way to address back pain.
Determining the Back Pain Treatment
Back pain varies from one person to the next. That means that the treatment applied on it is not the same for all people. There are some commonalities though. All sufferers of back pain experience pain on their neck, shoulders, and the spine. Back pain is treated based on the body part that is affected most. For instance, lower back pain is often treated with chiropractic treatment. It’s known to be the most effective but the effects may only happen after a long time of therapy.
There are those who need back pain relief immediately. For this type of back ache treatment, the patient has to consult a spine consultant. While into it, painkillers can be prescribed for medication and everything has to be monitored. Back aches are usually caused by poor posture especially when sleeping and also because of bad sitting. That’s why patients are oftentimes encouraged to improve their posture.
When you suffer from back pain, you usually start with a primary care provider which can be a medical doctor, doctor osteopathic medicine, or a chiropractor. When the patient’s back pain is resistant to initial back pain treatment it may be needed to seek the services of a spine specialist Singapore.
Spine specialist in Singapore
There are three broad groups of health providers who are known to treat back pain:
- Primary care providers are the first stop for patients who suddenly suffer from backache. These professionals generally include primary care physicians such as family doctors, gynecologists, pediatricians, internists, etc. Chiropractors and doctors of osteopathic medicine are also included.
- Spine specialists on the other hand have a more specific area of concern when it comes to diagnosis and treatment prescription for back pain and spinal conditions. Examples of these are surgeons, anesthesiologists, rheumatologists, physiatrists, etc.
- Therapists are those who are experts in occupational therapy and rehabilitation for back pain and also for psychological help in case of chronic pain. These professionals include occupational therapists, physical therapists, and clinical psychologists.
Primary Care Providers
Back pain is a common condition. Primacy care providers often have the extensive knowledge when it comes to treating lower back pain and even muscle strains. They are known to provide non-invasive approach to the pain. They also prescribe medicines that help reduce the pain and inflammation. They also often prescribe the services of physical therapists who assist in the maintenance of motion and muscle tone. They usually prescribe various spinal diagnostic procedures. This will help in investigating further the possible cause of persistent back pain and neck pain.
These professionals diagnose and also treat back pain and neck pain. They are also considered primary care providers who are among the first line of professionals patients visit when they experience back pain. Chiropractors are also known as chiropractic doctors who diagnose and treat patients whose problems are associated with nervous, skeletal, and muscular systems including the spine.
There are some chiropractors who specialize in neurology, internal disorders, orthopedics, sports injuries, and also diagnostic imaging.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
Osteopathic medicine or doctors of osteopathic medicine diagnose and treat all types of back-related injuries and illnesses.
If you are a new mother, then you must concentrate a lot on your food habits. Since, eating whatever you want will never pave the way to your good health. So, you must take care of the foods that you are going to consume after your delivery period. You have to consume foods that will be helpful for your milk production and health regain. But you need someone to help you after your delivery period. Since, you might lose 75% percentage of blood and more health post delivery. So, you cannot cook for you right after you come back home, no matter, either you cook normal foods or tradition foods. This is where you need to hire nannies that can look after you post delivery. If you spare some time, you can find many companies in Singapore that contain experienced and professional nannies. Among that, you have to reckon hiring the postnatal confinement nanny. If you do hire the nanny, then you do not have to worry about eating the tradition foods as the nannies will cook the traditional foods and serve you at the right time.
How to choose the postnatal confinement nanny?
- When you are about to choose the nanny, you have to reckon two important factors.
- First of all, you have to hire the nanny that can do the jobs as per your instructions. Since, letting the nanny do whatever she wants will not be helpful to you in most cases.
- Secondly, you have to explain to the nanny about the duties she may be asked to do either sooner or later. That is, duties like answering the door, outside play, gardening and more are something a nanny may or may not be asked to do.
- The new mothers can take breast massage to feel the comfort in their breasts.
It is needless to mention that, mothers post delivery will be very weak both physically and mentally. So, someone should be there to pamper her. We cannot say that, all the time, a family member can back up a new mother. But, a new mother needs assistance of someone until she feels well and can able to do her tasks on her own. If that is the case, the new mother has to hire the postnatal confinement nanny. But if it is the first time you are going to become a mother and you are asked to hire a nanny, then you may not know what kind of services the nanny can provide you. Of course, the nannies in Singapore will provide many things. First of all, she can schedule the foods that you have to take and the foods that you do not have to take. As well, she will cook for you. She will do all the laundry works for you. She will help you at the night time feedings and changing the diaper for your baby. If a nanny can offer you these things, why do not you hire her? Of course, you can hire her.
What is tradition confinement food?
- You might have come across post delivery mothers do concentrate a lot on their foods. Since, they cannot eat whatever they want to eat.
- Rather, they have to eat the traditional foods that can help them recover faster.
- A new mother may undergo anemia, back aches, hair loss, fatigue, wind in the body and more. So, she has to take foods that can lessen these issues.
- A new mother is prone to blood lose too. So, it is advisable to take foods that enhance her blood capacity.
- Undergo breast massage to soother your breasts.
Many natural health care providers and brands have stores online. These stores advertise their products through online catalogs and make it easy for one to source different kinds of natural and synthetic based health supplements. With the rise of intake of such supplements, many are curious to shop for such items from the comfort of their own home. However, you need to ensure that the products you purchase are made of authentic ingredients.
How to judge the uniqueness of health supplements in Singapore?
While the products of health supplements are numerous, certain food regulatory bodies in Singapore have a list of products that recommend. If you are concerned about the brands and wish to know which ones are safe and effective for purchase and consumption, you could resort to such directories or seek information on consumer rights forums. Here you will receive details about the different brands as well as the pros and cons of different health supplements. You need to know that certain natural substances can have adverse health impacts while certain products might be substandard and not deliver what they claim.
Going through consumer forums and checking customer feedback and testimonials is vital when you shop at a health supplements Singapore store online. Singapore directory listings for health products can provide you a wealth of information regarding where you can source supplements for fitness, herbal based supplements and so forth. Even if a health store offers substantial discounts on their products, you need to ensure that the store as well as the brands on offer is reliable and check details like expiry date on such products before you make a purchase. Once you locate a reliable store, make it your one stop shop for all fitness supplement needs. You will get attractive discount deals on bulk purchases as well.
There are several categories of health supplements in the market of fitness products. You can choose as per the kind of nutrition you need, if any fitness requirement you have or simply wish to bolster your general health levels. Among the different kinds of nutritional supplements that are considered safe, herbal products have gained popularity over time.
Herbal supplements at a supplement shop in Singapore
There are different categories of herbal supplements that you can shop for at a supplement shop Singapore. Usually these are categorized as per the kind of healing effects they provide or nutritional benefits you can obtain. These include extracts of tree barks, roots as well as certain types of mushrooms. Ailments such as sexual problems, skin diseases, and mental problems can also be addressed with certain kinds of herbal supplements. These comprise of products like Reishi, Ginkgo biloba, grapefruit extract and others.
While it might seem easy to shop for products at an herbal supplement store, you need to exercise caution as well. That is because, herbal supplements need to be taken as per right dosage and the right time of the day or night, before or after meals to get the right effects. Hence, it is best to resort to such supplements only when prescribed or directed by an authorized or experienced neurologist. There are several streams of alternate medicine where experts prescribe such medicine or supplements. It is important to know the right dosage, time and duration of taking such supplements in order to realize the true benefits. In certain cases such supplements might have adverse effects if you combine the same with chemical based drug usage. Hence, precaution needs to be exercised in such cases. Also, authenticity of the products should be checked before you make a purchase.